Pages

Alex Marwood Looks Ahead to Bouchercon 2015 #BritCrime

by Alex Marwood
This year I'm taking the summer off, like a schoolkid, and spending it in London's commons and lidos with the friends I feel I've barely seen in years, and I can't wait. And to ease myself back into work, I'm going to fly to Tampa, hook up with friends and road trip all the way to Raleigh, North Carolina, to go to the Bouchercon mystery convention.

My novel, The Killer Next Door, is shortlisted for three amazing prizes there, but honestly, I'd be going anyway. It'll be my third, and it's a blast - a mix of panels and partying and seeing my American bezzies and feeling like one's on holiday with one's British crime cohorts.

I've grown to really love America - the people especially - since I've been published there, and Bouchercon is a mix the best of it. The enthusiasm! The friendliness! The new city every time! The mad discussions of the best ways of getting away with murder! Being surrounded by so many people with such a love of books is the perfect way to ease myself back into remembering that I do, actually, love making books of my own.

♠♠♠

Alex's British crime cohorts attending Bouchercon this year include these authors who participated in the BritCrime Festival: 
♠ Craig Robertson
♠ Alex Sokoloff
♠ Helen Smith
♠ Sarah Ward

More about Bouchercon:
www.bouchercon.org

No comments:

Post a Comment